Reservation Changes and Refunds
Changing ticket reservations or obtaining refunds.
Changing a reservation
Changing a reservation at the request of the customer
Changing the name on the air ticket
- It is not possible to change the name on an air ticket or transfer a ticket after the reservation has been made.
- If there is a change in passengers, it is necessary to cancel the reserved ticket and purchase a new air ticket.
Changing passport information
The name shown in the passenger’s passport (name on the air ticket) cannot be corrected after the ticket has been purchased. Please be careful when making a reservation to ensure that there are no mistakes in the passenger’s name. The following passport information may be corrected at the airport on the day of departure.
- Passport number
- Phone Number
- e-mail Address
Cancellation of reservation/refund
Cancellation/refund at the request of the customer
- Ticket reservations cannot be canceled or refunded. For detailed information, please refer to Fares and Rules.
- Refunds for flights to Korea
- We will refund the remaining amount after deducting a cancellation fee from the fare as the following. However, optional services cannot be refunded, and no refund will be given if the cancellation fee exceeds the fare.
- Before flight departure 5,000JPY/ 60,000KRW
- After flight departure 15,000JPY/ 180,000KRW
- In the event a passenger cancels a trip, depending on the country/itinerary, it is possible to obtain a refund of the taxes and other fees (e.g., International Passenger Service Facility Charge) that AirJapan no longer needs to pay because the passenger is no longer traveling. Please complete the procedure from "Check Reservation" on the AirJapan website before the departure of the reserved flight shown on the ticket.
- If the departure time has passed, please contact our call center within 90 days from the departure date of the reserved flight. Please note that you will not be able to be refunded after the deadline.
- Please note that the period of time between the date when the refund procedures are completed and the date when the refund is actually paid into your bank account differs depending on the credit card company. For detailed information, please ask your credit card company. (In the case of credit cards, it may take one to two months for the refund to be paid into your bank account.)
Air ticket transfers or refunds in the event a flight is canceled or significantly delayed because of bad weather or other reasons
In the event your scheduled flight is canceled or significantly delayed because of bad weather or reasons attributable to Air Japan, the following measures will be taken. No handling fee.
- We will resaccommodate any of our flights that are cancelled or significantly delayed due to bad weather etc. within 7 days before or after the departure date of the reserved flight.
- Please click the link provided in the email sent from AirJapan before the scheduled departure time of the reserved flight shown on your ticket and complete the procedure on our website. If you miss the scheduled departure time, please contact our call center.
- Unless there are special provisions in the applicable laws or regulations of the country where the ticket payment or refund was made, fares, optional services, and other fees will be refunded in accordance with Air Japan’s Conditions of Carriage. Air Japan usually pays refunds in the currency used when the ticket was purchased, but refunds may be paid in another currency in accordance with company rules.
- Please complete the refund procedures within 90 days of the scheduled flight shown on the air ticket via the Air Japan website. Please note that refund procedures cannot be completed once this deadline has passed.
- Your refund will be carried out through your credit card company. For detailed information about the period of time between the date when refund procedures are completed and the date when the refund is actually paid into your bank account, please ask your credit card company. (In the case of credit cards, it may take one to two months for the refund to be paid into your bank account.)
In the case of air ticket changes or cancelation at the request of the customer for a flight that has not been canceled or significantly delayed, it is not possible to transfer or refund tickets when the flight is canceled or significantly delayed. Tickets cannot be transferred or refunded if the reservation numbers are different, even in the case of connecting flights or round-trip itineraries. The costs for alternative transportation and accommodations required, or could not be used, due to the cancellation or significant delay of a flight are not eligible for compensation. Tickets cannot be transferred to flights operated by other companies (including ANA or Peach flights)."